Jun 19, 2010

First Update in Norway


So I have been here 3 months now and I have been busy learning the new brewery and getting a handle on the situation at hand. As we all know good things take time to plan and longer to implement. But there is progress. I have been busy finishing the rest of my brewhouse I began to build with JTMbrew 4 years ago. This included refitting new pumps, the missing hard piping, building the false bottom, a vapor condenser and the steam pipe , etc. All I need to finish is the steam pipes and build the control panel. After that I have to build a new floor drain and its ready to be brewed upon. I look forward to inviting many friends in the Brewing world I have made and will meet to brew some interesting collaboration brews as well as my own idea's which have been lurking in my thoughts over the last few years or longer. I plan on inviting home brewer in the area to brew with me. I think the potential is unlimited what I can do with the little brewhouse! Above is a photo of how it sits today in the brewery. I plan on inviting my brewing friends from Denmark to help me inaugurate the first batch, which will hopefully be sold both here and in DK. More to follow on that.

I have brewed Lervig's first Pale ale a 4,7% alc, light copper colored ale with a plentiful amount of Chinook, Amerillo and Citra hops. Its still bubbling in the fermenter awaiting final gravity for its next load of dry hops...I'm sure this beer will establish a new beginning for the direction of Lervig and represent me as a brewer. I want to show both beer lovers and mainstream beer drinkers that I have both of them in mind when I brew. Should be ready in mid July.

No comments: