Apr 20, 2008

In the Barrel- More fruit needed

After a quick weekend trip to Bruxselles and speaking to Armand Debelder / owner of Drie Fonteinen and Jean Van Roy of Cantillon, I have to add more than just 5 kgs of fruit to these barrels, Thankfully I have about another 40 kg of raspberries and I will perhaps add all to the barrel as I got lucky and drank one of these-hommage...

Here is a photo of the beer before and after when the proper amount of raspberries were added.

Currently the beer is not acidic enough, but with the addition of Lacto B. and a little more patients we should get it down to the correct level.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike!

I could have told you that ;-)

When we made Blåbær Lambik at Cantillon we used 50kg og blueberries for 225 litres of lambic!

Your beer sounds interesting, good luck!

Jeppe

Mike Murphy said...

Thanks Jeppe, this is new territory for me... I cant wait to get it in the bottle, I'm going to let it naturally carbonate and hopefully it will be as good as I hope...